Monday, December 18, 2006

I've been to hell and back

Things have been quiet. I know. I'm sorry.

I haven't had time to do anything besides work. On Sunday I had to go in to work on a pitch, I didn't leave till 4am, then was back at 7.30 Monday morning.
Not all bad, I'm not at work today.

At 10.30am yesterday, I started to get delirious due to lack of sleep. It wasn't and out of body experience, more like my body had a mind of it's own and I was peering through my eyes, but they weren't really through my own eyes, I was trapped in the back. Hard to explain, but kind of like the feeling when people were inhabiting John Malkovich's body in "Being John Malkovich".
I feel a little better now, but it's going to be a week of checking emails and cleaning my desk.

On the Christmas party front, they have all been pretty shit. The White party was so good last year, everyone really made an effort. Even the strippers. This year, the pole dancers didn't even care and the dirty old men weren't as sleazy as the usually are. A real disappointment.

The weather has also been shithouse. This topsy turvy garbage. Fucking El NiƱo. I'm making a concerted serious effort now to preserve energy/electricity and water. Don't put your appliances on standby, turn them off. And I don't know what else there is to do really. That's the extent of most of my changes.
But, if I don't get a tan soon, the shit is going to hit the fan.

So today, I'm going to have a beach lunch with Rosen, I'm going to the beach. I'm gonna do a couple of errands, have a nap and just take it easy. Hopefully over the summer break, I'll get some top stories. I wonder if we will revisit the Leaning Tower of Pisa episode?

No comments: