Monday, September 18, 2006

I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but...

Last week was JCA.
I lost my phone at JCA.

I booked online and was lucky enough to win one of the prizes.
When the lovely people told me that I'd won a prize, they couldn't remember which one. I made sure to tell them that I hoped it was the Cosabella stuff.

However...it wasn't any of these was it?
Last night, after a bit of soft bitching (as opposed to hard bitching) about how I still hadn't gotten my prize, it came.
It looks like this:

Need I say more?

...but I will.

It's bright blue, it's plastic. Or glass. I don't really know. Looks like plastic. At least the nail polish looks good!
Would be nice if that chunky blue stone was a diamond, but the metal is plated so that wouldn't work either.
Probably would also be nice if it was an engagement ring. But if that was the case, I'd be happy with the $2 tombola from the corner store*.

It's almost worse that I got it. Now, I have to go to the store and ask if I can swap it for something that suits my tastes, my sophisticated tastes, so much better (this would be anything not plastic or plated).
If I hadn't won anything, I wouldn't have to schlep up there at all.

In all honestly, it's not that bad. This little saga is going to give me 2 blog entries (at least). I'll probably go to the place and find something so kitsch that it's good. It does happen.

*said in jest

No comments: