Monday, July 24, 2006

Over-reacting reactors

wise·crack (w.z'kr'k') Slang
n.
A flippant, typically sardonic remark or retort. See Synonyms at joke.
intr.v. wise'cracked, wise·crack·ing, wise·cracks
To make or utter a wisecrack.

wise'crack'er n.

There seems to be some confusion with the terms wisey and wisecrack. If anyone is still struggling, dictionary.com, is a good resource.

Matisyahu last night
This guy is awesome! I was surprised.


Having an excellent vantage point, I managed to take a pic of the set list.


A few thoughts and observations (some funny, some not) went through my mind as the night progressed:
  • The show was sold out, I knew the jews would do their bit, I was surprised in the end that they didn't take up the whole room. It almost felt like I was at a Jew party. Each jew checking out the others for fresh meat.
  • The look of arrogance on Matisyahu's face when he looked out into the packed crowd, but which I later realised was wrong and was infact an immense sense of pride.
  • Tonnes of non jews totally getting into songs about Zion, Jerusalem and Hashem. But really getting into it.
  • Why were Chassidic jews there during the 3 weeks? Drinking even. And why was one wearing a zoot suit?
  • Why when a Jew gets famous (especially a religious one) is it all on for young and old? I saw my bubbe, your zaide and your cousin's Tatty there. Shloimie's mother was trying to scalp a ticket outside. And they weren't happy, especially your zaide. He had to stand for a full 90 minutes and he wasn't so fond of the Rastaman chant.
  • After that beatboxing on Jimmy Kimmel, I was really excited for it. I took a video of the whole thing. It was shit. I'm glad I took a video of something else.


No comments: