Monday, July 10, 2006

A brain fart

On Sunday I was thinking: What am I gonna post on Monday?

I didn't want to do the traditional weekend stories, even though I had a fantastic weekend. Free drinks Saturday night at the Eastern, sitting on those day beds. I was plastered.
Sunday was so great. Breakfast in the Bronte with some of my best mates and then chilling with the Homies with paintbrushes in hand, in the afternoon.

Me and my 90 year old Grandma are going on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera together in November, we're in the process of organising everything, it's going to be a great blog when I tell the story of that, but I'm not ready for it yet. Still a lot to happen, still a lot more cute things to be said.

Highlights include:
Me: Grandma, is it only old people who go on these cruises? Grandma, are you sure I won't be bored?
Grandma:
Bored?! No! There's so much to do. There's bingo, there's quizzes.

Quizzes???
Quizzes!!!
Said like a true Wiseman.


In the end, I did have some great insight to post and I've completely and utterly forgotten it. I knew it had substance and even a bit of a punchline at the end (like most of my posts).
It was like some brain fart that has dissipated into nothingness.
Stupid brain fart.

Usually I manage to remember my original thought by latching on to the first thought that led me to that final one. But this time it just isn't working. I think I have to take things easy for a while, cut down on my sugar intake (I have progressively dropped from 6 sugars in my coffee at the age of 14, down to 2 in the present day). I should also probably stay off the funny voices from whenever there is a re-enactment of what someone said. And the narration. Definitely have to stop doing that darned narration....

Why I oughta...............

2 comments:

Dot Co Dot Il said...

Mexican Riveria or not - I'm still available to be your brains trust.

Anonymous said...

"...I didn't know it at the time, but that blog-entry would forever change my life"