Thursday, January 05, 2006

Coming to a cinema near you

Double Bay cinema is closed. The fucks at Westfield Bondi Junction (known to WBJ to some) have usurped all the cinemagoers.
The signage above the cinema had something written to the tune of "Your cinema is now closed", which has become this:


If you don't know what a Choad is (correct spelling here), you should look it up on wikipedia, or urban dictionary. I only know what it means because of the people I work with and Vice Magazine.

And last night, I was lucky enough to sit in a car with a copy of a book called "A Suitable Boy" by Vikram Seth. Now this book was massive, at least 3 inches thick and I'm not kidding. I knew it was hard to find a suitable boy, but I didn't know a suitable boy involved so much reading.

Sounds complicated.

And you would think the joke would have ended there. But, on closer inspection, the comment from The Times, written on the front of the book said:


If you can't read it, it says:

"Make time for it. It will keep you company for the rest of your life."

Jesus fucking Christ!
So basically all I need now is this book and that's it.

No comments: