Sunday, December 04, 2005

Confessions of a Blogger

On the weekend (thank you all for a great one), it came to the realisation of myself and a fellow blogger, that we are entrenched in the battle of the blogs.
Someone told me how they read a blog and then followed the chain of links to mine, and mine lo and behold, kicked butt on the other person's blog.

In that 2 second interlude, I realised that the person's comment, made my night. It even could have made my entire weekend.

I've been in a crap mood lately too (just to make the great run I've had seem much better...yay?...), so the comment fully lifted me out of it. Only for 5 minutes or so, but it was well worth it.

So yeah, my blog is taking over my life. The fellow blogger who overheard the comment asked me to put a link to their blog too. It definitely increases the hits and readership figure. We also both have site meters (although mine doesn't really work and shows up zero hits every week, which I know can't be true) and we both live for comments.

This is an edit made 5 hours later...I have had 50 hits today baby. I'm rocking on.

I request when people read my blog, to leave comments.

My sister, for some strange reason leaves comments under her middle name (everyone, that's 'Nicole'). I don't know what she is so scared of. But then, at least she leaves some form of identification, the anonymous people give me the shits.

What next? Well, the battle of the blog is on! I'm going to fix my site meter, I'm going to try and do only quality entries (sorry for the shite ones of late) and we are going to have a vote. We should probably just start one of those blog communities, it would be so much easier... I guess I'll get onto it.

Some fun stuff for you
This is a video of a building demolition that fucked up. The building fell into the basement instead of falling over. Love the way the guy laughs in the background.

And some funny person decided to do a Christmas scene, inspired by Hurricane Katrina damage. Funny, and I don't know why there is so much uproar about being untasteful. It's not like there are drowned up bodies in the scenery....

I did decide to dress up for the Beach Road last night to see what all the fuss is about. It made the manager tell the waiter to serve me without saying or doing anything but stand at the bar, but other than that, I don't know what all the fuss is about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to have inspired a blog post! I think this is the first step to immortality.

I am going to remain anonymous this time, you know why, but we both know who I am :)