Friday, April 27, 2007

Ye goode olde times

Last night I watched Caddyshack.

I probably haven't seen that movie since I was 7. I can't believe my parents even let me watch it. There is a lot of boob. A lot of sex going on. My parents must have been hip.

In any case, that movie has not lost its charm. There was probably a lot that went straight over my head back then, but overall I think I got most of it. Really what else is there to get besides tits, ass and fart jokes?

I don't know anyone who did anything else after that movie. Although Danny was nominated for an Oscar a year before he did Caddyshack. Who goes from Oscar to Caddyshack? And he looks bloody scary these days. He is some cult member.

Then the chick who was the classic hot 'babe', is legally blind without glasses or contacts...

And I like Rodney Dangerfield. He is such a putz. I think that's why I like him. He also has the same birthday as me. Good to see he is a dead with a myspace.

There is even a documentary on the making done in 1999. I might try find me a copy. All the people who were in it are in the film.

It just goes to show that those old gems can live up to their expectations. I could even watch it again.

No comments: