Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Choiceasphyxia

[Middle English chois, from Old French, from choisir, to choose, from Vulgar Latin *causre, of Germanic origin. See geus- in Indo-European Roots.]

[New Latin, from Greek asphuxi, stopping of the pulse : a-, not; see a-1 + sphuxis, heartbeat (from sphuzein, sphug-, to throb).]

I'm patenting this baby.

For a long time now I have been consumed with this feeling of walking into a supermarket, a Music store, a clothing store- anywhere and being bombarded with an array of choices that are all virtually identical.

It is a vomit of choice.

A vomit of choice of which I am terribly afraid.

None of it really fits what I am after and I am too impatient to look into each choice in detail to work out which one is best for me.

This feeling is called choiceasphyxia.

Pick up on it- take note of it. You are going to hear this term being knocked around!

No comments: