Thursday, September 07, 2006

A bitchin' movie = a bitchin' soundtrack???

Last night I think I saw the best movie I have ever seen (well in a long time anyway).
I saw Brick.
A film noir gang style movie set in a modern day high school.
The characters spoke in that olden day manner. I didn't get all of it, but I got enough to get by. It was great.
The cinematography was great. The acting- great. The plot line- great. A really well thought out movie from every angle.
I was sitting on the edge of my seat at times. Gripping onto my drink. Holding my breath.


Movies rarely do this. I'm a cynic. A non believer. I'd say in my whole life maybe 2 or 3 have had such an effect on me.

In previous experience, great movies have always had great soundtracks. I give you The Royal Tenenbaums. I give you the Big Chill. I give you Momento, Eternal Sunshine...Requiem for a Dream, Reservoir Dogs- the list goes on. All great films.
For more, there is a pretty good list of good movies here

I was once given the Grey's Anatomy soundtrack. Strangely a couple of those songs are doozies. I was well impressed. It is a great show anyway. The show also features some pretty good songs too. Not your general crap variety that I know the OC plays (which I never have nor never will see)...they really venture out into the tasteful arrangement.

But I am positive Brick has some good tracks. I went to look in IMDB. They had a couple songs. Not many. I'm sure there were more than that. Then google helped me out...http://www.myspace.com/bricksoundtrack.

It's good. You even hear voiceover.

There are 40 tracks on the CD. That is a shitload. I want to buy it. I'm going to buy it.

So is this proof. Do all great movies have a great soundtrack?

No comments: