Thursday, April 19, 2007

The top 8 friends thing

The other week, I was invited to a soiree. This wasn't the usual soiree, it was an event where only the top, close friends were invited.
It kind of made me feel that this person had gone to their mySpace and invited their Top 8 friends only. I felt rather exclusive, I felt kind of cool.

I just heard of another case where someone has invited his top 15...close to 16. Same thing. It is clearly an epidemic.

It got me thinking: MySpace has one foot in the grave. We know it's true. I've thought it for a while. A long while. Even the kids at Lifelounge have proved it with their latest Urban Market Report.
So now that this is true. Maybe this is the jumpstart that the mySpace needs.

What happens is they start a competition- mySpace will hold a party for you and your top 8, whoever they may be. If you win, mySpace will get all your top 8s and ensure they get to your party. You could have Steve Zissou in your 8 or the Pussy cat dolls. mySpace won't care and you won't care as long as your top 8 are there.

Even if they do it, I think I'm going to start having top 8 parties. I have an issue in that I only have 6 friends on mySpace, because I don't really care for it, but I'm sure I can adapt.

No comments: